Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing which Extension a Department Points to 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nromanek1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2016
US
Hi, I've been studying how to use Call Manager for a few days now in order to solve two problems that we're running into. It helped me solve the first (adding a second directory number on a phone) but I'm having trouble with the second issue. When we call a number a voice lists the names of several departments (for HR press 1, for Food and Beverage press 2, etc.) I need to change where some of these departments are pointing to. Lets say HR is pointing to DN 1000, I now need it to point to 1001. This sounds very simple yet I'm not having any luck learning where to make the change in the Call Manager interface. Can anyone please help me?

This is probably a voice mail recording, the main greeting. IT will reside in your voice mail and not your call manager. If you have Unity for voice mail, log into it and look into the call handlers. The call options to be changed will be in that call handler.
Unity is a different inteface and platform that call manager.

Whykap, thank you so much for posting this! I was looking in the wrong area completely. Once I found out how to log in to Unity, I found the Call Handler section and made the appropriate change! I am very grateful for this forum as I was trying to post in the Official Cisco forum but I did not have a registered ID. Thank you for making this forum free to use (to the moderators). And again, thank you WHYKAP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back