Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Utility server Default Gateway Address 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewNic

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2003
US
I need to change the default gateway address. Rel 7.1

I was able to change the AVP and all the other VMs but am unable to find how to change for the utility server?

Any help is appreciated

Depends on where you have it loaded. My recommendation is to reload the utility server template. Of course then you have to figure out how to backup and restore of phone data files, configuration files, and any firmware versions you might have loaded. If you "root" the system you can make the change manually however it will fail back to the previous value when rebooted due to the mounting of the SDM iso file. Of course you can make the changes then go in with the vShphere client and disable to mounting of the ISO image on boot. PSN5108 would apply.

Root" to utility server? Is that even possible, as I believe Avaya doesn't provide root access for utility server? If you have root password let us know, as that would be nice to have.

For 7.1: Run the /opt/avaya/common_services/Initial_conf.sh command.

- or -

For 7.0.x: Run the /opt/avaya/common_services/VMware_conf.sh command.

- or -

For 6.x: Run the /opt/vsp/VMware_conf.sh command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back