Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Trunk Access Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

dereksparks

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2006
US
I am trying to change our trunk access number from 9 to 7 (too many accidental 911 calls). First, I assigned 7 as a trunk access number in the Number Plan tab on System Config and assigned 9 as "invalid". Then in Trunk Configuration screen, I changed all of the Access Codes listed to 7. Problem is, pressing the 9 key on our phones still allows a called to access the trunk line. I verified that 7 works as well. I have tried restarting the system, but I can still use 9 to get an outside line.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

I'd say double check your number plan and trunk configuration again. Test by picking up a phone and dialing out using 9 while watching the AltiAdmin screen, see which trunk gets picked up and check the config on that trunk.

The system shouldn't allow you to change the 9 to invalid in your number plan to until there are no trunks set to use 9 as their access digit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back