Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlorencak

Programmer
Jul 13, 2003
SI
Hi...

I would like to change the windows shell program. I need just Lotus Notes at some of machines at our company instead of Explorer. Can someone help me please and tell me
Where and how can I do that?
I was looking for file system.ini, found it, but there is not shell parameter in it like it was
In Windows 9x.

Lp, Mitja

You can use Lotus Notes as a shell? I mean I'm currently using Litestep, have tried Geoshell, Core, SharpE, Serenade and Aston, but Lotus Notes? Wow, never knew that :)

anyways,

load up the Group Policy Editor (if you don't know, run "mmc", then add the snap-in "Group Policy"). Now goto administrative templates -> system -> use custom interface -> enter path to lotus notes (set this under computer or user, depending on if you want the setting as system wide).

alternatively, add the registry entry shell="c:\blabla\lotusnotes.exe" to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back