Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the set number on Meridian set 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raedeke

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2004
US
I have a Norstar Meridian system. I have about 50 DID numbers available to me, and need to change the number on one of my phone sets from it's current non-DID number to one of my avialable DID numbers. I can assign a line to the number and name the line and the set, but am having trouble assigning a specific line to a set - I'm assuming I need to know which port it's on and have not seen that in the config or admin areas... any help is very much appreciated.

Sounds like you got it all except assigning the line to the set.

Assigning a line to a set: You can assign a line to a set as “Ring Only”, “Ring & Appear” or “Appear Only”. If assigned with appearance, the line will appear on eight-button sets starting on the top button, and on ten- or sixteen-button sets, the first line will appear on the fifth button up from the bottom of the left column of buttons. Lines assigned as “Ring Only” do not appear on a button – incoming calls on that line will appear on an intercom button.
1. Enter into programming by pressing Feature **266344 266344.
2. The display will read “Terminals & Sets”. Press SHOW.
3. The display will read “Show set: ___”. Enter the extension to be assigned a line, and press SHOW three times.
4. The display will read “Show line: ___”. Enter the line number (i.e. 151).
5. The display will read “L151: Unassigned”. Select “CHANGE” from the display to toggle through assignment options until you find the option you want. To assigned more lines, press NEXT to scroll through system lines and change as needed.
6. When finished programming, press Rls.

Thanks for the assistance. I'm not sure I was really clear on what I need to do. The phone number on the set currently is 3902 (a non-DID number) I'd like to change the number to 3967 (DID). If both sets were currently on the system, I would have no problem by simply setting the set relocation and moving the phones. But only the 3902 is on our system at the moment and I just want to assign that number to that phone set. I alsomust have an old system - my first catagory under the config group is Configuration - General Admin - Set Copy - etc.
I did assign the line (098) which is also assigned to the 3967 # to that phone - but not sure that was what I needed to do. Thanks for any more information you can provide.
Richard

Sorry...my bad for assuming newer software. This may help:

TO ASSIGN DID TO A SET (EARLY SYSTEMS)

1. Enter into programming by pressing Feature **266344 266344
2. The display reads “A. Configuration”. Press SHOW.
3. The display reads “1. Trk/line data”. Press SHOW.
4. The display reads “Show line:” Enter line number
5. The display reads “Rec’d #:none”. Press CHANGE (from the display) and enter DID.
6. The display reads “Rec’d #:(DID). Press NEXT.
7. The display reads “Line Data”. Press SHOW.
8. The display reads “Line type: Public”. Press NEXT.
9. The display reads “Prime set:xxx” Press CHANGE (from display) and enter ext
10. The display reads “Prime set: ext”. Press HEADING three times.
11. The display reads “1. Trk/line data”. Press NEXT.
12. The display reads “2. Line access”. Press SHOW.
13. The display reads “Show set:”. Enter ext.
14. The display reads “Line Assignment” Press SHOW.
15. The display shows the first line assigned (or none). Select ADD (from display) and enter line number.
16. The display reads “Line xxx: Assigned”. Press NEXT two times.
17. The display reads “Ringing”. Press SHOW.
18. The display shows the ringing assignment for the first line assigned. If necessary, press NEXT until line 124 appears.
19. The display shows “Line124: RING”. Use CHANGE if necessary to find the desired ringing option.
20. Press Rls.

Great - that works for calls coming in from outside...
Now when I dial the 4 digit suffix 3967 I still get that it's not in service - is there a way to get the internal dialing working to that phone as well?

Thanks

In programming, show a.config and use next to system data. Show sys data and next to individual DN (actually, it may be the first option under sys data). Show individual DN. If prompted for old DN, enter 3902, then enter 3697 for new DN. (You may need to use next to get to change dn...not sure)
After you've changed the DN, it all "should" work. You may need to check the prime set for the target line.

That works - but when I go to that phone and enter "feature * 0" and press one of the lines, it still comes up with 3902. The phone is a M7208 and won't allow me to administer the system from there.

It wouldn't be such a big deal, but when someone leaves a message for 3967 - you can't easily get it from that 3902 phone.

Hope this all makes sense- sorry this is such a pain.
Richard

One work around is to make mailbox 3967 assigned to DN 3902, but that's not a great solution. As I understand it, you changed the dn in programming from 3902 to 3967. If so, check (feature *0) the set again...sometimes programs changes are not instantaneous, and it may be ok now. If not, write me at pjolly@yahoo.com and I'll check on it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back