Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the location of Forms in Peachtree

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterDragon

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2004
US
I have Peachtree Premium Accounting for Manufacturing 2005.
This is installed on a Peer to Peer network, However, On each machine the software is set-up as a stand alone, using mapped network drives, since we were having problems using the network setup version.

If one person makes a change to a form design and saves it, Does it also save the form to the location of the company on the networked drive, or just to the Local machine it was modified on?

If the latter is true, As I suspect, How can I tell peachtree that I want it save/use the form in the company folder located on a mapped network drive?

WD

The modified form is saved to the local drive. I have the same type of setup you do. As far as I can tell, Peachtree uses the form templates that are stored on the local drive. I haven't been able to figure out a way to store the forms on the network drive (the drive where the company data is stored)and have Peachtree use the forms at that location.

cpawtc

There is a file with the drive locations in the windows system directory that helps with this. I don't remember the name but will look it up and post in the next couple days.

Bill Couture
@http:\\

Check in your windows directory. There should be a pcwxx.ini file. xx stand for edition. You can edit the data path in this file. Remember to back it up first.

Bill Couture
@http:\\

Excellent, Thanks for the Information, I will have to try this when I get to that network again.

Thanks again for the assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back