Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Filter Display in Query Studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sraj1

Technical User
Dec 12, 2006
US
Is there a way to change the Filter reference for Query Studio Reports.

For example I have a report which pulls data from table A and I want to apply filter on one particular Item. Usually when I apply Filter, Table A is scanned for distinct values and then Displayed under "Pick values from a list". If the table is very big then this takes a long time.

Now I have a seperate table, which contains the values for the filter. So was wondering if there is a way where I can point the Filter to actually look at the Filter Table for displaying the values rather than scanning the Huge original table.

Yes, change the property that you are using to get the data for that filter to use your new separate table instead.

CP [cook]

Can you elobrate a bit on the Propert change. What property and where to change?

in teh queries section, you can view the properties of the query you are referring to (the one you want to change), look for the Query property.... in that drop down box you should see your new query that you wish to use... change it there.

I know how to change for one report at a time.. I am looking for changing all of the report at a time (Batch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back