Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the display resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

GussyBoy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2003
BS
Is there any code to change the display resolution when opening an access database and revert the changes when closing teh database?

Please help!

Hi

I had this problem a year or so ago with an application I'd developed here at work for a group of users who were using a range of screen resolutions. (One user is visually impaired).

To solve this problem you need to invoke Windows API routines. Tricky! However, if you access the SMART Access website ( and subscibe to it (free for 90 days), there's an article in there that I plundered to solve the problem for me. (It contains an Access database to download that can be adapted.) The article is:

"One Size Fits All: Controlling Your Form's Size" by Stuart Kinnear

From memory, it wasn't too difficult to implement, however difficulty is always relative, isn't it? Best of luck!

Another option is to use the code available at site, it reads the resolution of one screen and adjusts accordingly. Code is also on the CD that comes with the Access Developer's Handbook, Litwin, Getz and Gilbert

i've tried two or three versions of this, including the one from getz. i have scrapped all because my usual problems are with subforms as boxes (decorative) not working correctly. I'm now a proponent of developing everything on a machine set at 800x600. so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back