Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the default search type

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkopel

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
When doing item searches, almost everyone here does a "Contains" search instead of "Begins with".

Does anyone know if there there is a way to have the pull down menu in the search dialog to default to Contains instead?

We have Progression 7.6.400.

Thanks.

SQL Server or Pervasive?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Hopefully someone else can chime in with a positive, but I have been looking at this and I do not believe this can be changed. Great question though.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

I am interested in this also - I would like to do it on a per user basis if possible.

Celeste

I wish you could do this as well. Unless one of the great GODS in Ohio is here and has a hack.....I don't believe this can be done.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

I tried several things and then submitted it to Exact tech support. They said no and I have not been able to achieve this either.

Steve Henley
Trianglepartners.com
Exact Software consulting, sales and implementations.

If the only tool you can use is a hammer then all your problems look like nails.

As we said. NO WAY, NOT on your life, Unless Macola GODS in Ohio have a hack this can not be done.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back