Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the default date parameter prompt dd/mm/yyyy 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalizeCanada

Instructor
Mar 4, 2009
CA
Hi,

I'd like to change the default date parameter prompt from dd/mm/yyyy to mm/dd/yyyy.

I've tried changing any date settings I can find on Crystal Reports under File, Options, Fields and in my Control Panel.
I even looked into the registry to see if I could find an entry that controlled this.

None seem to affect this prompt.

I know I can format it afterwards but I want to change the prompt so I will be able to input it the format mm/dd/yyyy. I don't want to use a string parameter because I would loose the calendar icon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gordon BOCP
Crystalize

Gordon,

Go into Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region and change your DateTime format from English (Canada) to English (US), or override the individual formats. I am pretty sure this is where the parameter control gets it's format.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried the Control panel Regional Settings (I'm using Windows XP) and it didn't seem to change the prompt. I used the US setting which as you know has the month first. I restarted CR 2008 and tested but it didn't change.

I tried also on a laptop that has 3 version of CR on it 10, XI R2 and 2008. Before I made the change I just checked and what surprised me was that in XI R2 the prompt was yyyy-mm-dd and the other versions 10 and 2008 were dd/mm/yyyy. Again the change didn't seem to have any effect when I restarted CR and dragged a parameter onto a report it still prompted as it did before I made the change (on all versions).

I can't seem to get it to change. My next thought is that m its set during the install of the program. Whatever you have in your control panel at the time you install will fix this setting from that point onwards. Just guessing but I'm a little perplexed on how to change it.

Thanks again

Gordon

Gordon BOCP
Crystalize

OK, I was at least half wrong. It is clearly set by the region. I would be surprised to find that it is completely locked after install, but I have been surprised before.

Of course in version XI it was locked for everyone in the same format and there was no way to change it at all so you could be correct.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back