Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the Context for Client 3.02 for WIN95/98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynoldsj

MIS
Oct 19, 1999
US
Currently within the tree, all the users are using an Alias account in a container(.login.company) I am removing this container and having the user login from their account. I need a way of changing the Default Contaxt from (.login.Company) to (.users.location.company) I realize that I can have NAL propregate out a registry change to the users, but I am having difficulty finding the Key to change. I am hoping someone can help me.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Jason<br>

<br>

<br>

Thought for the Day: The man who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it. (Bill Copeland)<br>

Manually you could do it by right click on Network Neighborhood / properties / Client 32 for netware / properties.<br>
There you can set the default context. You can record the registry change with SnApp Shot or Picturetaker etc. to propogate to other machines.

Something I did just recently was to implement ZEN works to make the changes at the client. It might be a little more work in the beginning but using ZEN works will make life easier later on.<br>
<br>
Install ZEN works on your server. You can get the Starter Pack with the latest client from Novell.<br>
<br>
Ugrade the clients to the lastest version using the Automatic Client Update feature.<br>
<br>
Setup workstation registration profiles and import all the workstations into NDS. This step takes a couple of days as the workstations first have to be registered, then imported and associated with the workstation.<br>
<br>
Use workstation profiles to automatically change the client's default context.

To give the users the ability to change their context on login, you need to right click on network neighborhood&gt;properties&gt;Novell Netware Client&gt;Properties&gt;Advanced Login tab&gt;Check off the advanced Button.<br>
This will put a drop down button on the users Netware login screen which will allow them to change the context. It also will hold the context from the last login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back