Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing the color of a portion of an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopwise

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
US
verion 7.0

I have an image of a red plastic chair and need to change it to a black chair. I have a clean seletion of the plastic portion of the chair. What is the easiest way to change the chair colour? I have attempted a color overlay but that discards all the highlights of the image.

One of the pencil's options is "color replacement" and very easy to use. But keep your selection to turn your chair darker as the result will probably be gray. That's one of the many ways to change any color to any one else

Hi

Another easy way is to open the Hue and Saturation window and slide the Saturation slider all the way over to the left.

You can then adjust the darkness and if you want to retain just a little touch of color adjust the Saturation slider accordingly.

If you want to have some hint of color that isn't red use the color adjustment controls to change the chair until it looks normal for a black chair in a color photo.

Mike

Try painting it it black on a different layer, THEN choosing a different blend for that layer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back