Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing the CLID on ACD sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

technickelone

Programmer
Mar 10, 2004
US
I am embarking on a project to change the CLID on some phones so they outpulse their number or a dept number when making outbound calls from their key 5 line.

I know that when making any change to an ACD phone you need to nul the ACD key 0 to prevent corruption.

Should I change the CLID on the ACD entry as well:
KEY 00 ACD 6543 "clid" 1234

OR

Should I only be change the CLID on their SCR key 5?

Thanks

unless you want to out every set, I would only do key 5, plus - Key zero is In-calls right, can't dial out from there.

Nulling key 0 will get you hurt. If you are going to chg ACD (0, NRD,MSB, AST etc), out the set, rebuild.

Mato' Was'aka

You may want to change clid on key 0. If the agent recieves a queue call then needs to tranfer or conference the call and press the transfer button and call someone external this will use the key 0 clid. If only using key 5 then you don't have to worry about changing key 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back