Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CHANGING TABLE NAME FOR REPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissarmi

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,

Is there any way to take an existing CR9 report, make a copy of that report and rename it, and then change the name of the table the report fields use. In other words, I need two reports that are formatted identical and use separate tables that are also identical. I have a ReportA using TableA and ReportB using TableB. The reports and tables are identical, only the names are different. I have already developed ReportA, but is is such a large report with many fields, I was wondering if there was a way to copy the ReportA and point it to a different table that has the same definition. Of course, when I try this all the fields used from TableA disappear from the Report.

Thanks for any help.

I do this a lot for creating test versions that run off test databases.

Create your original report. Save a copy. In the copy go to Database -> Set Database Location. You can change things at several levels (database table etc). Select the table you want to change in the top section and then select the table you want to change it to in the bottom. The "Update" button should then be available. Click it and presto.. your changed.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back