Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing SQL string for DAO connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

SepMan76

Technical User
Apr 5, 2001
US
I have a vb 6.0 program which I am trying to create reports on an access 2000 database. I have downloaded CR 8.5 which I have created a report. I do not know CR very well, but I am learning. One obsticle is that CR's help feature does work with IE 6.0 and I cannot figure out how to "reinstall" IE 5.5.

Anyway. The DAO connection uses and SQL query that I need to change at runtime.

For example "SELECT * WHERE Location=1" but the locations change. The program connects to the Access database via DAO.
The only way I know how to change the SQL is in CR by going to "Verify Database".

How do I change the SQL in vb 6.0 at runtime???

Also, I would like to verify that I am using the report that I created in CR properly in vb. Does anyone know a good thread concerning this for beginners?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Which integration method are you using? (faq149-237 ) Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back