Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing SQL authentication to mixed mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

yanyanGR

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
GR
Hi to all,
I have installed SQL Server 2000 with the latest SP with NT authentication. On the same Server machine I have installed SMS. Now, I have been requested to install the MS Project Server 2002 on the same Server. Unfortunatelly, MS Project Server 2002 does not support NT authentication on SQL. My question is:
How can I change the authentication mode in the SMS without uninstalling it?

Thank you in advance.
Yannis

Install MSProject on a 2nd SQL Instance. The two SQL instances are then idependent.

Thank you for your help. However there is a simpler way for changing the SMS Server authentication to SQL Server. Having change the SQL Server authentication to mixed mode, then run the SMS Setup (found in the program group of the SMS) and from there you can set the authentication mode under which the SMS will authenticate to SQL Server no matter what authentication mode the SQL has.

Cheers
Yannis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back