Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing SMTP reply address

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcrapps

Programmer
Oct 26, 2001
US
I have an exchange server that is currently set up to receive mail for usa.domain.com. So users naturally use the SMTP address user@usa.domain.com. I set up the A record autodiscover.usa.domain.com and it works well for the users as far as picking up the correct XML information for OOF and OAB. But a huge portion of the users want to change their SMTP reply address to user@domain.com instead of user@usa.domain.com. When the SMTP reply address is changed for each individual user's account to user@domain.com, they aren't able to access the OOF or OAB functionality. This leads me to think it's an issue with autodiscover.

The exchange server is not set to receive mail for domain.com, only usa.domain.com. In order to receive mail for domain.com, another server forwards mail to this exchange server. So it receives the mail, but not directly. I don't have a SAN certificate, I'm using a self-signed certificate with the address of the OWA server. Do I need to add an A record for autodiscover.domain.com for users to be able to use user@domain.com as their SMTP reply address and use OOF and OAB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back