Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing signatures in Outlook 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbode2006

Programmer
Aug 24, 2006
US
Hello all,
I have two companies and have created a signature for each in Outlook. Is there an easy way to designate what signature to use when I click on New Message. Right now I need to go to Email options and change the processing order to put the correct account at the top. There has to be a better way, right?

If you set up the signature settings so that you don't have a signature automatically added to each e-mail, you can then manually insert the correct signature you like by going to New Message, Insert, Signature and choosing from the list.

you can then manually insert the correct signature you like by going to New Message, Insert, Signature and choosing from the list.
Thanks for the quick reply. I went under Options and set the signature for new messages to <none>. When I tried the above commands, my signatures did not appear in any list. What did I miss?

Hi,
In Outlook 2003, Tools | Options | Mail Format | Signatures. Set either of the two signatures as the one for New Mail messages.

Then, when you create a new Mail message, right click on the existing signature and you should be able to select the other one from a list.

HTH,

Best,
Blue Horizon [2thumbsup]

I have the same thing - I use the signature for my most used email account as the standard signature and then just swap it with the other when I need to.

If you find another way I'd be happy to know it too though.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Thank BlueHorizon. I learn something new every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back