Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing sid on XP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssphoenix

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2001
US
I cannot seem to change the sid properly on XP pro. I am using ghost 2002 enterprise. The ghosting works fine but when using ghostwalker i get strange erros.

I've also used newsid (some 3rd party software). But when using getsid it shows the same sid.

Someone suggested that by removing the card, a new sid will be assigned. It shows the same one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Fellows,

Please someone must know how to change correctly the SID. The ghost 2002 will not work for me and don't have the time to investigate. I have not found anything related to this problem on their site. Perhaps because I am using the new dell optiplexes.

I've tried newsid.exe. It starts, gives me to change the sid. The everything goes away. The task shows the system pegged at %100 for a long time due to the sid service.

I've looked at sysprep as well. Could not see the place to change sid nore I found a descent doc.

Any other ways?

Help would be greatly appreaciated?

You can use Sysprep.exe (Version 2.0 for XP) It works great, but after Sysprep you have to do a little setup again. After that all your settings are the same as you made. The program is somewhere in xp, you can read more about it on this site: Ghost Walker was also a problem to me.
Good Luck

You HAVE to use the correct version of SYSPREP....

Use the Command [/B]"C:\Sysprep\sysprep.exe -mini -reseal"[/B] and SYSPREP will collect all the info needed from the sysprep.inf file located in the same Dir.

Read TECHNET and the deployment guide for more info about the sysprep.inf

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back