Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Screen Resolution in Red 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanrah

Technical User
Jan 14, 2001
US
Hi,

Im pretty much a linux newbie so please dont hurt me.
I have red hat 6.3 installed and configured on the web etc. The problem im having is that i want to change my video resolution to 1248x768 (i think that is the size). Because my Icons are huge! Is there an easier way other than editing my xf86config file and where do i make the changes. Thanks

Try setting it in the file for more than one resolution, and ctrl + alt + "+" or ctrl + alt + "-" will cycle through them
Disclaimer:
Beware: Studies have shown that research causes cancer in lab rats.

So basicly just edit my xf86config file with the resolutions i want? Where about in the config file would I make the change? Because I seem to have many video options set. In the last segment in the file i did change the the 680x?? to 1240x768 but nothing seemed to work. Must be doing somthing wrong.

Why don't you just run

xf86config
???????
Disclaimer:
Beware: Studies have shown that research causes cancer in lab rats.

Also try running Xconfigurator. This has all the options presented easily so that you an change them. You will need to have information about your video card and monitor.

Also remember to backup your existing XF86Config file.

In the last section of the Xconfigurator, it asks you to specify all the different video resolutions that you would like...

AV
tnedor@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back