Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Ring tones by callerID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOPBAY

Programmer
Sep 29, 2014
AU
Is is possible to change ring tone by caller id?
I just need a different ring tone when ext 2001 called me.
Say From #2001-> Ringtone 1, and from others (All Internal/External)-> Ringtone 2.

I found the way to change Internal / External Ringtones but this is not what I want, I just need a different ring tone from #2001.

IPO Server Edition 9.1
9608 Handsets

Thanks for your advice in advance.

If it was not an IP phone you could make a group with just your extension in it and ringtone override the group(and 2001 would have to know to dial the group instead of your extension). However, you can not do this on IP phones, so Id agree with amriddle and say no you can't.

Phone Manager Pro used to allow you to assign an audio file per contact/speed dial, so that could certainly do it. But that was replaced by the far inferior OXP in the name of progress...which ironically is about 6 steps back :)

Thanks for all your comments.
Very helpful!!

With E129 you can have different ringtone for up to 4 caller ID's, through the WEB interface.

You could do a Ring Tone Override on an incoming call route. Not sure how you could accomplish that for an internal extension.. Perhaps have them ring a hunt group instead of your extension and then use the RTO feature on the hunt group? Or as I tell my customers.. Just look at the screen :)

differentiated ringing does not work on IP phones. Digital (14xx/95xx) only. Doesn't matter what HG you're part of, if its a 9608, won't work.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back