Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing restrictions on Norstar M324

Status
Not open for further replies.

mec1988

Technical User
May 11, 2011
CA
Hey everybody,

I'm trying to program an external autodial number that is long distance, but I'm having some trouble. When I try to press the button to make a call, I get a message that it's a restricted number. How do I take this number off of the restricted list?

I've already programmed a speed dial for the same number and lifted the restriction on it so we can make calls, but my employers want to be able to simply press a button and have the call made. Any tips? Cheers

The location of the programming will depend on the software level. What you need to find is Restriction programming. It could be in the Set programming. You can go to the restriction that would apply to your number and press SHOW to add an exception and put the number in there.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

If the phone is to remain restricted so as they do not abuse then you can add that number to a System Speed Dial and have that speed dial slot override restrictions.

System Speed Dials is in Admin programming.

Another way is to add an exeption to that number that called under the restriction filter that the set (or lines) use.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back