Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Report Limits in R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclidad

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
Hi,

We are running R12. I need to get a detailed listing of all the files on one of our backups. I'm using the Report feature to do a "Session Detail Report". This seems to me to be the report I need. However, there is a problem. The reports get truncated at 5 MB. Is there a way to increase this limit? Alternatively, is there another way to find all the files on a backup that end in ".tar"?

Thanks,
- Joel

I thought I had found a different solution to the problem. I tried running a scan of each session with full reporting in the activity log. My system has 4GB of memory. It ran for a while and then I got a popup that said "Out of Memory."

I've been trying to use report writer to create my own templates. I haven't found the correct combination yet.

- Joel

Get a utility to split the job log into manageable chunks.
Google file split utility.
or
run the Scan again to log all activity but this time use an include filter for *.tar

Those are both good ideas. There's no need to google. My tar files are on a linux system which comes with a utilty called split. There's one small problem. It indiscriminately splits at fixed size boundaries and doesn't know if it's cutting a sentence in half. I'll deal with that if I need too. I also can't find the log files. If I run from the command line I see new entries in C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve Backup\LOG but none of these logs have anything that matches the files on the FSD.

I've tried to set filters for the scan in the GUI. I'm not having much luck. I used a smaller session to look for all files named "*.i" They show up if there's no filter but not when I set a filter to include files named "*.i". Arcserve is always finding new ways to frustrate me.

Joel

It looks like I resolved the filter issue. Even though my test case is looking for linux files that end in lowercase 'i' I need to tell the filter to look for files that end in uppercase 'I'. I suppose if I had some of each I could find a way deal with having both show up in the list.

I won't get to run the real scan until next week.
- Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back