Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Registration Colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

coilerman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2010
CA
I am a AI newbie so I hope you will be patient. I normally use a freelance designer but he is unavailable and I need a minor change in my logo. The designer left me my logo file as CS4 AI format. In the colour swatches, the black is Registration. I understand that it's not a good idea to use Registration as a colour so I would like to swap it. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

I know how to select an object, double click on swatch and have the colour change but I was wondering how I can do this for the entire Registration colour.

Also, in my logo, there is one object that seems to be an oddball. I can't change its colour at all. When I select it, the selection handles are not on the edges of the object but rather in the middle. Hard to describe so I attached a screen capture.

hello

Select one item with the Registration color
Go to the select menu, there you will find an option Select same Fill color
Click on the regular black swat to change the fill.

The other object isn't a rectangle but a line.

A line cannot have a fill, so you mus change the stroke color.

At the bottom of your toolbar at the left you see two little squares one on top of the other.

Click on the partially hidden square so that it is on top of the fill square.

And click o the black swatch in your swatches panel.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back