Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Proxy Settings Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeetre

MIS
Feb 1, 2002
US
I have a user that is wondering whether or not her proxy settings can be accessed/changed from her home. We tried going in through WebAccess and didn't see anything there that would do it. We're using version 5.2. Thank you.

Brian

As an example, I have a co-worker that needs to have access to various aspects of my GroupWise account when I'm away. This is usually setup within my account using the Proxy function (Tools | Options | Security | Proxy Access). But one of my users wants to be able to setup this proxy access from her home PC: she dials in remotely to the GW WebAccess (if that's where she actually can setup the proxy access) and takes care of it there. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Brian

Okay... now I understand! The answer would be no. I say this loosely, but, when using WebAccess, you are not using a "GroupWise Client", you are using a browser. So you dont have the same setting as you would normally with the actual GroupWise Client.

Also, I'm not sure if you can do what you are asking in GroupWise Remote.

The Proxy function is strictly a GroupWise Client Application setting. You will notice that you cannot even setup GroupWise Proxy settings through NWADMIN. Only the Client itself.

Good Luck!

I understand you are using 5.2, so I will keep it brief. GW 6 w/ SP1 allows you to change your proxy security settings via the WEbaccess interface. Not to mention the Webaccess gateway is about 100 times faster and better than any previous version.
It was one of the determinant factors for my organization to stay with GW, due to OWA lack of features.
JD

Thanks to salserocito and mrjhat10 for your replies which answered my question. Since this isn't enough of an issue for enough users to drive us to an upgrade, those users will have to configure their proxies at work. Thanks again!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back