Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing properties of a form from another form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis33

Programmer
Nov 20, 2000
US
I have a database that I need to change the properties of command buttons based on the input of a user. I have a main form that pops up when the database is open and asks the user to enter a password. Based on that password the user will have rights to other forms. What code do I need to write to change the properties of buttons on different forms from my main form? the code I use for the buttons on my main form are me.command1.enabled = true that works but if I try to change the properties for buttons on other forms
it will not let me. How can I do this? Thank You so much

Travis

you can reference any control using this format

Forms![FormName]![ControlName].Property

e.g
the command button control , cmdEnterData on the form, frmInformation can be disabled by typing

Forms![frmInformation]![cmdEnterData].Enabled = (password = PassValue)

the statement me.command1.enabled is a shorthand way of writing Forms![MainForm]![command1].enabled if MainForm was the name of the form you were refering to.

ntp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back