Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Printer before print

Status
Not open for further replies.

spencern

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
US
Hi everyone,
I have a report that is printing out to a label printer. The only problem is, the label printer is only used for this application and shouldn't be set as the windows default. Is there anyway to change the printer in the print dialog only when the report is run, and then set it back to whatever the windows default is? I print about 10 different batches of labels and it's a pain to keep setting the printer each time.

I've managed to get the print dialog to come up when you click on the report so I just need a way to set the printer.

Also, does anyone know of a way to change the number of copies to print to 2?

Thanks for the help,
Spencer

Hi Spencer,
I had the same problem with a system i was building. To get araound it I gave the user the option to prview a the label, in the preview you have the option the user then had to go into page setup and set the report to use a specified printer instead of the default printer. Once this is set the user is then able to print directly to the label printer that you set without previewing the report.

As for the 2 copies i imagine there is something in the printer setup that does this, as with standard printers.

Regards,
Noel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back