Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Pics but not pages? How? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmphuskers

Programmer
Feb 12, 2003
US
New one for me.
I am building a site for a local artist (b&w drawings).
I want to be able to display a scrollable area with small pictures of the artwork.
My goal is to have the user click on any pic and have it appear in the main area of the page, without going to a different page. That way the only thing you see change is the pic, but the logo nav bar, etc look like they never move.
To add to that; I want to be able to provide, off to the side, a description of the artwork.
So each click on any particular piece will bring forward both the pic and description.

Or even better, have it flip from pic to pic as you hover over it, changing the main pic and corresponding description. And when you click on it you can in fact go to another page with more detail.

How is this done?

I know Flash is the best but I want to stick with HTML. I know flash but not for an entire site.

You need to target your iframe:

<form name=&quot;survey&quot; onSubmit=&quot;return checkOut(this.form)&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; target=&quot;notes&quot;>

<!-- iFRAM BOX &quot;NOTES&quot;-->
<iframe name=&quot;notes&quot; src=&quot;cows.asp&quot; height=&quot;433&quot; width=&quot;900&quot;></iframe>

I wrote this so long ago I can't remember the specifics.

It's basically the same as when you make a link open in a new page, you use the target method. In this case your target is the name of the iframe.

Awesome, thanks guys. That is exactly what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back