Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Phone Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

dssfaxman

Technical User
Aug 30, 2001
US
I need some help. I have a phone number that is programmed with a type 2008 phone and I want to change it to a type MIX so that I can add a cordless phone to the same extension. We have a couple of other extensions that are already programmed this way but I am unable to find in the manual how to change the phone type. I am working with Meridian 1 Option 21 Release 17.76.

Don't know about an Opt21, but you can't do it in an Option61. You'll need to OUT the phone and then re-create it as a different TYPE. Monkeylizard
-Isaiah 35-

Find an unused 500 tn and an unused ext and build an analog port. After thats complete, change the ext in LD 20 to the same ext that you 2008 is and it will create the mix.

Fmielbye is right,

A "Mix" just means that an extension is programmed as both a analog and digital phone.

It sounds like your just adding an analog line with the same primary dn as the 2008 so you can set up an cordless phone.

The only problem when setting this up is security. This overides the inherent security of digital phones.

Other people may be able to pick up his conversations when he is using the cordless phone. Either by crosstalk with tradtional

Good luck. -=Rick Cruz=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back