Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

joepole

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2003
US
Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2002 clients.

Is there a way for me to change the permissions of users folders' without actually doing it from their machines? I'd like to be able to add author/reviewer permissions to a bunch of users' contact and calendar folders but I don't really want to have to go around to each user' machine and interrupt their work.

This just seems like it should be able to be done centrally but for the life of me I cann find out how.

Thank for the help.

GAL Modify (or Galmod) tool from the Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit (BORK). When you set up Galmod, users can modify whatever fields you give them access to without any help or handholding from you.

If you have setup yourself as a member of Domain Admins full access to all E-mail boxes then its simply a case of creating a new profile with the user you wish to change and then loading Outlook with that profile and changing it to how U want. You can also check the box to notify the users of the access they have.

I have myself set up as a Domain Admin (in fact, even if I log in as Administrator on the actual Exchange Server itself) I can't open up anybody else's folders.

What exactly do you mean by "set up as...full access to all E-mail boxes?"

I've logged in as Administrator and created profiles for various users, but when I try to open Outlook:

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You do not have permission to log on."

On a side note, is there any way to rename an Outlook profile other than copying and then deleting the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back