Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing percentage value in crosstab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

padytom

Programmer
Dec 31, 2014
US
I have a crosstab that returns weighted average value as .45 but I want it displayed as 45. How can I achieve this?

Multiply by 100?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Thank you Skip. I tried doing that but where do I multiply the value. I tried multiplying under the format customization and decimals

Is the average a formula? If it is then you multiply by 100 in the formula.

No how I'm doing it is I add the field to the summarized section under the crosstab expert and then select change summary. Then I select weighted average with then the field and ok

Create a formula field that is 100 * the database field. Then use the formula in your Xtab instead of using the database field.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

This is a screen shot from the report. I can not use formula to achieve this because the figures up there are sum of 1's and 0's and when I use this formula, (sum({@frmCMcount})/sum({@frmtotalSCCMcomp}))*100 it returns a single value for all the fields.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=93ea50f0-c6d5-4be9-9ff0-c505020b6d4b&file=Untitled.png
The screenshot doesn't look like a cross-tab to me. Is it one?

Unable use formula because the formula fields are based of sum of 1's and 0's and these are to be for different months. when I use formula, it returns same value for all months.

Are the 1 and 0 values provided by a formula field or a database field?
Is this a true CR cross-tab or just something that looks like a cross-tab?

It true crystal report crosstab. It is a replica of an excel report. The 1's and 0's are formula field. How I did it is, I didn't add any field to the rows field in the cross tab then then the grid lines to that section and text, I used background color to hide them and then used text object to add the labels to the left. that is why it doesn't look like crystal but it is crystal 2011.

It might be simpler to use a display string to override that value. I think the string you want would be something like:

Totext(CurrentFieldValue * 100,0)

where will this formula be created, in the format text on the crosstab or as a separate formula?

The "Display String" property of the summary field in the Xtab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back