Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Parameters in Stored Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

nscheu

Technical User
Sep 10, 2001
US
I am using asp to launch some reports. The data for the reports is stored in a MS SQL Server database. When I originally created the stored procedures that the reports use, I used a date parameter. This worked fine until I tried to use a link from the .asp page.

Unfortunalty I could not use the link from my asp page to pass a date to the report for the Stored Procedure to use. So to work away around this problem I passed the date in as a string and then within my stored procedure I converted it to a date.

The problem now is that even after my stored procedure has changed Crystal keeps prompting me for a date parameter. I verified my database, refreshed my data, and still I get prompted for a date. It is almost as if the Stored Procedure is cached. Can anyone give me some help? Thanks

How are you calling your report from the ASP page?
when we need to display a report from an ASP page we use the following URL
Crystal requires you to pass each parameter as prompt0,prompt1,prompt2 etc......
and each sub report that uses a different logon/dsn you need
User0=userA&password0=passA(Main Report) User1=userB&password1=passB(subreport1), User2=userC&password2=passC(subreport2)etc...

Hope this helps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back