Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Pagefile and adding physical memory causes Citrix not to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

STLMisterFixIT

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2010
US
In anticipation of increased usage of the terminal server, I purchased an additional 2Gb of RAM to bring our total to 4Gb. In addition, to clear space on our undersized C: drive, I moved and expanded the page file from 2Gb to 4Gb on F:. Windows 2003 reacted well to this as expected. The Metaframe software wasn't so happy. The ICA and SMA services would not start. The Citrix software would not accept connections. The only seemingly germane event log messages were these:

This computer running MetaFrame Presentation Server will now stop accepting connections. This server is no longer in or could not enter a licensing grace period.

The MetaFrame COM Server service terminated with service-specific error 2147500037 (0x80004005).

Removing the new RAM and replacing the page file on C: and to its original size restored operation of the server allowing remote connections.

I could use some advice on troubleshooting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back