Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Overwrite Protection Term for One Tape 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luciusism

MIS
Mar 15, 2002
US
I have a problem where a backup job will execute and then prematurely abort, only using part of a tape. Yet, since something was written to the tape, then the overwrite protection was reset to another year. (The default term we set for NORMAL backups.)

Is there a way to change the overwrite protection for just one tape? I tried moving the tape to another media library, but then it can't be used by our backup jobs. I tried erase and relabeling, but that dosn't work either.

Basically, when a backup job aborts, I want to be able to run it all over again on the same tape.

Thanks!

P.S. I was only sucessfully able to change the overwrite protection term to 0 days by manually editing the access database backend. Not something I want to get into a habit doing!

luciusism, if this happens, just move the tape to the Scratch media set and it will use it for the backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back