Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing of IP Subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH24

MIS
Jun 18, 2001
GB
We have lots of Citrix XP FR3 Servers running on Windows 2000.
The data store resides on an SQL Server.
We have hundreds of users around the country that connect to published Apps.
Next weekend i plan to change the our IP network that the servers are on. The consequences of this are that all the users wont be able to login on the monday morning as they will have the old IP addresses of under server location.
We only point them to two different server under server location.
As a temporary measure to get people to login i was planning to put another network card in both the servers that are used for the server location.

I was then going to have the 2nd network card with the old IP address and the other card with the new one.
I was hoping this would allow the users to login to the publisehd apps until we can get round and change there terminals to point to the new addresses.

Will this work?
Is there a better way of doing this??

Thanks

I would setup an NFuse or WI webserver for people to access their apps (100% serverside), untill the clientside PN configuration is changed.

To let them get familiar with NFuse or WI a bit, you can also configure it for the current setup, and have them log in next week, before the change is made.
That way, you will get less questions and problems, during the change on the clientside.
(as you will probably have new, more important problems then)

Free citrixprinting support

You should be able to update the server IP information through the ICA Client Update tool.

See chapter 9 in the Metaframe XP Server Administrators Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back