Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing NGenSys Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

terf11c

Technical User
Feb 13, 2007
CA
I'm running Call Pilot 201i with software ver 2.01.27 (NT4)

I have local access to call pilot console and have the ability to change the NGenSys password through the usermanger for domains, from the NT OS.

My quesiton; Is there any chance that this could cause problems with the call pilot software? I cant do this through the Configuration Wizzard becase I don't know the old password. Has anyone actually done this from the NT4 OS?

The only reason I need to know the password is so that I can setup a network backup device. The help for this says that you need to create a NGenSys user (on the remote machine) with the same password as the call pilot. I've tried creating wide open shares and it doesn't work. I think it's deliberately designed for security reasons.

Thanks Todd

P.S The __ngen! doesn't work.

changing the password from usermanager for the domain only changes the pwd from the OS. The CP database will not get updated, doing it this way. Password change needs to be done from Configuration Manager. If you don't know what the previous password is, you'll have to find someone to "hack" the system for you or reimage the CP.

Thanks Yyrkroon. Good to know. I had a sneaking suspiction that may be the case. I will try and get in touch with the guys that orginally installed the system and find out what the password is. Seems a little silly that I have to go through all of this just to do a network backup.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back