Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Network Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

llam

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
CA
Hi,
My problem sounds stupid. My windows network seems syncing the accurate time from the internet. However, it is quite different from the clock on the wall ( -__- ). How can I adjust the system time and it won't be changed back to the "accurate" time again? Thanks!

Hi,
Well, i know that all workstations will be sync to have the same system time. Further than that, I found that the whole network sync the time with the internet (at least from some source outside my network). The people want to take the clock on the wall as the standard office time. So I have to change the system time accordingly. However, each time I change the system time on the DC, a day after, it will be changed back to the world time. I am not sure whether I missed that part or not, but I have gone through the document you sent me before, and I could not find a solution for it. Please, help! Thanks! =)

llam

Hek, if I can do that, I have done that already.
Currently, the system clock is faster than the clock on the wall. It turns out that if I adjust the clocks (not one ok ^__^ ) Many people will be late the next day morning. It may sounds stupid, but I may need to wait until the next daylight saving adjustment to put them back to the right time....

how much difference in time are we talking about here?

Breakerfall
®º°¨¨°º can you ping me now...GOOD! º°¨¨°º®

Do you have a server on site? If so, make it the Time Server for your network. NET TIME /SETSNTP:<MyServerName> Then from the clients, NET TIME /SET That should make all the clients sync with your Time Server...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

I am going to give it a try. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back