Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing NCOS on CallPilot Agents 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHS1977

Technical User
Dec 5, 2008
US
My customer has added CallPilot Fax Messaging and would like to fax outside of the system. I need to change the NCOS on the CP agents and am looking for the least disruptive way to implement the change. Does anyone know if there is a way to accomplish this without taking CP completely out of service, outing the agents and rebuilding them?

Your NCOS may be OK, have you checked to make sure your RPL table in CallPilot is set correctly for the mailboxes that will be using this feature that they can dial outbound and not just on switch..

Do half at a time. Disable half the TNs, make the change, enable them - make sure they work. Then repeat. Then you'll never be out of service.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Yes, the RPLs are set correctly. My NCOS on the agents is equal to being able to make an internal call only. It was implemented as a security feature when the CP was installed.

Following up on the suggestion to disable 1/2 the agents: I think I should courtesy down the channels associated with the first half via CP Mgr, make the changes to the first half, then bring those channels back up followed by a courtesy down of the remaining channels in order to test. Do you concurr?

It certainly would do no harm. I think that's a good plan.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

When you do change your NCOS, give it an NCOS that your regular phones do NOT have - 10, for example. Now, the next time you need to make an change in outdialing permissions, you can just change the FRL on the NCOS. No need to muck around with the CallPilot ports, and you won't be affecting anything else.

What a great idea sandyml !

Why thank you, ghtrout! I came up with that the first time I had to reprogram a large Meridian Mail. I just KNEW I didn't want to do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back