Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Main Greeting from external number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geewizard

Technical User
Oct 5, 2011
US
My manager wants to be able to change our main greeting at will. Such as when our office is closed for weather or other situations. I've told him that only I can get into App Builder and record a new greeting. Or at least edit the Main Greeting and let him record it from his DN.

Not that I want to have to be the only one that can do it, I just don't know if I can add this kind of thing in App Builder. And I'm not sure it would be a real good idea to have him or anyone record any old thing they want.

Suggestions?

CallPilot Manager, version 02.01.27.15 on Option 61C

You need to set up voice item maintenance.

Set up a DID number as a CDN to your Call Pilot main number. In the application builder, set up the Voice Item Maintenance number.
When you dial in on that number, it will ask you what you want to get to. You need to have the application ID and the password. You obviously want a strong password, just do not give this out to anyone who does not need it. The password can be manually changed as needed.

The Voice Item Maintenance need to be setup in the CallPilot Manager not App builder. Look under System\ Service Directory Number. Then add the DN as a New item and select Voice Item Maintenance. Make sure it is a DID number and then you are away to the races.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back