Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Letterhead in Release 5.0.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanielsoftee

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
US
This is definitely a silly question, but bugging me nonetheless. I know I can create personal stationery, but is there a way to edit the actual existing letterhead in Notes 5.0.11?

Letterhead is part of the design. To change, all you need to do is find the Subform that corresponds to the one you want to change, and modify it.
You must however know that the design is common to all Notes mail users, and that the image itself is not sent in the mail, only the subform name is.
In other words, if you send a mail internally, your change will not show up. If you create a new subform, no one else will have it and they will not see it. Finally, you'll also be changing the image for mail you recieve using that subform, which might not be what the sender intended.
Only if you send over the Internet (using proper parameters) will your version be sent.
Finally, you obviously need the Designer client to make the changes, as well as permission from your hierarchy if such modifications are against company policy.

Pascal.

Thanks! Guess I had better not go there! Our company is nation-wide and we all feed from the same server. Doesn't sound like it would actually do what I had in mind anyway.

I have one security problem regarding this issue. In which cases sending image (subform) converts to the "gateway" image on receiving computer? What is the rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back