Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing legend for Excel Bubble chart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlennUK

MIS
Apr 8, 2002
GB
I'm stuck, I have a bubble chart which is working correctly, but the legend is showing the values from the X-values series instead of the Name series.

How do I get Excel to put the values from the Name series in the Legend?

Glenn.

This seems to simple so this is probably not what you want, but here goes! Display your charting toolbar, and on it you have two buttons, one to display by columns and one by rows, that will switch them around.

No, that doesn't work for bubble charts.

Glenn.

Oh well, Rob Bovey's chart labeller doesn't do legends, but adds a label to each point of a series ( I already have a utility to do this ).

My workaround was to add a legend, and then suppress the text by making the font white-on-white, then add a text box with the correct labels and line it up with the legend symbols.

I guess that'll have to do.

Glenn.

Thanks Glenn,

That gave me a workaround as well.

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

you'll never guess, I was playing with this yesterday and found that if I made each data point in the bubble graph a separate series, then the legend does what I want!

This was found by accident, I'd have never tried it otherwise.

Glenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back