Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing IP address of Openscape Xpressions server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschetta

Systems Engineer
Feb 20, 2019
US
In a nutshell, we are going to be moving most of our on-site infrastructure into a CoLo in the next few weeks. Seeing as how our Xpressions server is connected directly to our HiPath system (BRI connections), it will have to remain on-site. This will mean that we'll have to move the Xpressions server onto a new local subnet, as our server infrastructure subnet will be in a different location. Before I get in over my head, does anyone know if there are any requirements for Xpressions to reside on the same subnet as the Exchange server for voicemail to email? If there are not, how difficult would it be to make the necessary configuration changes to put it on a new subnet? I know it can't be as simple as making the IP change on the Windows Server it's installed on.
I'm sorry for leaving out any details. Let me know what I missed in my question and I'll be glad to answer

I realize it is a completely different subject (I don't know Xpressions, sorry), but what about the IP addresses of your PBX equipment? You've got a customer IP, at least one assigned to the processor, one for the portal, one for each STMI or NCUI card, etc. The internal system addressing won't change, but the stuff that interfaces to your network might. Also if you have remote shelves tied in via the network, especially if they are equipped with APE processors, those may be affected as well. Something to be careful of - that stuff s not easy to change!

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks for the reply, Don. Oh, I have no doubt that this isn't an easy undertaking. The IP addresses of the PBXs shouldn't matter: they all are on their own subnets and only talk amongst themselves. As far as I know, and forgive my ignorance on the in depth knowledge of this system, the PBXs talk over IP (through Siemens HXG card) via a Siemens proprietary protocol for voice traffic. If someone calls in and it rolls over to voicemail, the calls is transferred to our main location through the HXG card, at which point, the PBX routes the call over BRI to the voicemail server. The voicemail server houses the user voice mailboxes and will communicate with our Exchange server to send an email to the user's Exchange mailbox. There is some kind of integration where once the user listens to the voicemail and Exchange marks the message as read, that flag is sent back to the Xpressions server and the voicemail here is also marked as read.

Yes, I have a similar plugin for the voicemail system that I use, but as long as the network can talk to the E-mail server you should be good, because the voicemail shouldn't care about the IP address and would rely on the actual server name - that would get the address from the nameserver. The nameserver will know whatever address you changed the E-mail server to. Worst case, using my own system for reference, you might have to re-run whatever "auto-discover" process is on the voicemail server so it can re-find the mail server. If you don't use autodiscover and you have a hard IP address entered for your mail server then you may have to change it. In my case I would stop the voicemail process, make the change and then restart the voicemail process (not at a busy time). I have more issues with the cloud-based "O365" stuff, but I have that sorted out so that I can at least make it deliver the messages.

So that part might be fairly easy.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

When changing the XPR IP address you need to tell the GKREG AMO on the HiPath side.

Before change
REG-GKREG;
DIS-GKREG;

You should see the current XPR IP Address there somewhere.
That is where you need to change it on the HiPath if you are changing the XPR address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back