Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Internet connection on ISA Server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyb2008

Programmer
Apr 16, 2009
GB

Hi

We are getting a new internet connection installed and will need to unplug the old one and connect this to our ISA Server 2000.

Will this be a simple swap out job? We will be given a new ip, which i know i will have to enter into the external network card TCP/IP page. I will also be given the default gateway to enter.

The ISP engineer said we may have to reset the ARP? cache, if we dont know how we will have to reset the ISA server? Has anyone any experience?

The current connection is with the same ISP but it was owned by the business park were we are located and they linked up an ethernet port to what i assume is their own router.

Hope you can help, i know that ISA 2000 is somewhat less easy to use than the newer versions.

You will have to change any firewall rules that point to the old ip address. If you have any public dns records for a mail server, web server,etc they will have to change. Then if you have to clear the arp table just open a cmd prompt and type arp -d

Network+ Inet+ MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back