Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Interface Language on MS Visio 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDD707

Technical User
May 30, 2003
GB
I bought a 2007 version of MS Visio in Italy to run on my Win 7 PC in the UK. (I am also running Office 2010).

Unfortunately the user interface of my Visio is in Italian and my Italian is non-extistent. I have checked the MS Office language settings on the 2007 Visio and the only tabs available are Display Language, Editing Language and About Language Settings.

English (UK) is the only language set but when I launch Visio it is still in Italian.

Can you please assist in changing the user interface back to English? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure it's doable at all? I don't know for sure, b/c I never checked all that much into it, but it seems like some programs are sometimes sold strictly in one language or another, and other times sold as "multilanguage". If they are sold as strictly one language, it may not be possible to switch them to another.

When you mix languages, Office tends to get confused. If you have no other Office 2007 components on your system, the Office 2007 Language Tools _should_ show the language you have. But, if you installed Visio 2007 after (the rest of) Office 2010 it is possible that some files have been (wrongly) overwritten.

Office Applications are all, now, supposedly, language-neutral but they come with but a single language interface. If you want another, you must buy a language pack. However, I don't know how to do this because Microsoft no longer seem to have any valid links for purchase of Language Packs for Office 2007 - they only sell Office 2010 now - and a 2010 Language Pack won't work with 2007.

Enjoy,
Tony

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.

I'm working (slowly) on my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back