Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing input prompt format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich25

Programmer
Feb 2, 2001
US
Hello,

I'm using Crystal Reports on the web with an ActiveX control. My report prompts a user to enter a start date and an end date in the following form

Date(year,month,day) - This is a little confusing for non-technical users. Is there any way to allow each user to just enter something like

month/day/year?

Also, I'm sorting by location where the user has to type in a city location when prompted. Is there any way to change this from an input box where the user has to type in the location to a combo box where the locations are already there to choose from. Please help! Thanks!!!

Rich

What version of CR?

You could prompt them for a string, and convert the string to a date. I have a formula in the FAQ on common formulas that will convert a formatted string into a true date value. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back