Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing FWD time of ACDN ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rmat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2004
US
I have a meridian mail 11i system, and today I came across a new acronym that I've never seen before (ACDN) when a user wanted to know if I could change the time a particular extension(8300) in this case forwards to another office(dublin, say extension 2300) as a result of DST here in the states.
I didn't realize it was a special type of extension. I did a little bit of looking around on this forum and have some ideas... but need a bit more guidance. I assume from one post, to see all the details of ext 8300 I could go into LD23 and issue some prt commands? If so, what exactly would I be faced with inputting in for data and what will I need to change specifically regarding the time it forwards.

When I do a ld 20 prt dnb 8300 I get DN 8300 Type ACDN, so I know that I'm going to be looking at stuff I've never seen before in the sense of other commands I know almost nothing about. Any tips or thoughts on what I need to be looking for would be most helpful. I realise this question is pretty vague so big apologies for that.

Cheers,
-Derek

ACDN means the DN belongs in an ACD group (automatic Call distribution). I only have basic ACD with my system, so I don't know a lot,but in your numbering plan you determine which number range is ACD and which is regular DN

As Nita, stated ACDN is a ACD group DN. You have to PRT those in LD 23. if you need any help, print the ACD and post it back here.

First off, the time of day associated with the ACDN, is more than likely coming from a time of day table in the mail. The time on the PBX is system wide, so if you change it, you will see the change on all sets in the system. As far as looking at the ACDN you would;

>ld 23

ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 23418287 USED U P: 4838752 300269 TOT: 28557308
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 500 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
ACD DNS AVAIL: 23834 USED: 166 TOT: 24000
REQ prt

TYPE acd

CUST 0

ACDN 8300
(return)

I printed the acd and here is the output I got. Most of it doesn't make sense but I assume here OVTH 2047 is where I specify the number to forward to. Just to be clear, what I'm attempting to do is push forward the time that it would normally fwd to dublin, since next monday we will be an hour ahead, and normally we wouldn't be. I'm not looking to reset the time on all clocks(as that is being done already by our telco support).

ACDM 8300
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 4004
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 0
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OCDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
NRAC NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSDN 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
CWNT NONE
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 845230 USED U P : 539581 73364 TOT: 1458175

DISK RECS AVAIL : 394
ACD DNS AVAIL: 197 USED: 103 TOT: 300

4004 is the forwarding DN, or number you forward to.

OK, this looks like a "dummy" queue. That is, ACD queues are designed to have agent sets programmed into it. In this case it is set for a maximum of 1 phone (MAXP 1) -- this almost always means that it was designed to always just forward automatically to 4004 (NCFW - night call forward prompt). There are no sets programmed there. Also, you need to know that there is no time of day setting available to you with this piece of programming.

As EddieDuece suggested, you may have time of day forwarding somewhere else. Let's say that 4004 goes to a voicemail system, into a menu. You should be able to set time of day in your voicemail system. But without knowing more about your system's design, it's hard to say.

if that dn is forwarding via time of day, it's in the mail passing throuh a tod control.. as posted a maxp1 acd is a basic reditect.. dial the acdn (8300) and it goes to ncfw 4004.. not really acd, just 4 prompts are used in that post

acdn 8300
cust 0
maxp 1
ncfw 4004

everything els is default, the maxp is max number of phones you can add to the group.. zero is not an option

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hello All,

I am a Network Admin that, begrudgingly, deals with the house phones. I have an ACDN that I would like to edit. Basically take one number out and add another in, or more accruately change the host or main number that the ACDN is based on. I am sorry if my terminalogy is incorrect, I have a weak understaning of Meridian systems and am fully self taught via the School of Hard knocks... All I want is to associate two #'s with on Wall Jack. This is already done, but do a relocation project need to change the associations.

Can anyone help me with some guidance on ACDN admin?

Thanx

Did you get your question answered? I seen you started another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back