Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing External Prefix to dial outside line

Status
Not open for further replies.

mug23

MIS
Dec 6, 2007
US
Hello:

I have a 3Com NBX NetSet system and I’m running R4_1_77 firmware. I’m trying to change the external prefix from 9 to 7 for outside calling and with no luck.

I have gone into the System Configuration? System Wide and changed the External Prefix from 8 to 7 and after rebooting the system, somehow it will not work. I still need to dial 9 to get to the outside line.

Previously before the change, I saw an 8 was in the External Prefix box and I assume 8 would also work, but when I tried hitting 8 to get an outside like, it said, “All Ports Busy”.

I also went into the Dial Plan ? Configure Outdialing Prefixes and change all active TLIM lines to prefix 1 to 7’s and prefix 2 to 71. Am I doing something wrong?

My company is running in trouble of accidentally dialing 911 when trying to get to the outside line. Can you please give me instructions on how-to change this prefix? What other step do I need to do besides changing the External Prefix box in the System Configuration tab?

Thank you for your help.

change this parameter in dialplan see below:

example dialplan USA
TableEntry Create 1 12 90 6 11 LongDistance 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 13 900 4 18 International 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 14 93 10 11 Wireless 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 15 902 6 11 Local 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 22 91055 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 23 91066 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 24 91022 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 25 9112 4 4 Emergency 0 1

example dialplan Italy

TableEntry Create 1 12 00 6 11 LongDistance 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 13 000 4 18 International 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 14 03 10 11 Wireless 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 15 002 6 11 Local 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 22 01055 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 23 01066 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 24 01022 5 5 Operator 0 1
TableEntry Create 1 25 0112 4 4 Emergency 0 1

you need map directly in table1 your national numbering plan

best regards

Thank you for the reply. Now I have another problem. I have changed the prefix in the dial plan from 9 to 7 and it will dial outside if entered all 10 digits plus the 7 prefix to get an outside line.

I'm in the state of Utah and in Salt Lake City, you do not need to dial the 1 + area code to get local calls.

The problem is, when I hit 7 and the rest of the local 7 digits, I get the error "Not Allow".

I don't know what I have done wrong or missed something.

Thanks,

I make excuses myself but my English is truly , if I have understood you well you have this situation and I explain you the dialplan

example:

TableEntry Create 1 12 71areacodedigit(this is your numer to dialing??) 6 ( this is minimum digit that nbx it attends before sending the digit on the network , if your digit less the minimun nbx not dial ) 11 ( this is maximun digit that nbx it attends before sending the digit on the network , more digit your dialing nbx those advanced ones do not select to them )LongDistance ( this is the ticket for class of service configured in netset COS ) 0 1 ( this the route to dialing digit)

Verify the ticket is enable in COS of netset and remember that NBX normaly striplead the first digit example your case 7

best regard

another info :

remember NBX for default map this item

TableEntry Create 1 7 7 3 3 Diagnostics 0 0

this entry is used for test trunk channel or select prefered trunk , if this entry exist delete.

hi

Thank you for your help. I have figured it out and the system is working exactly as I would want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back