Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing Excel access to 'ALL Users'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
Have misplaced the Excel software and the workstation will only allow access to MS Excel by one user (no longer working at company). It gives message that there are only(X) more uses available when another user logs in. Any way to make a registry change or a documents and settings change to allow ALL USERS to access it? Windows 2000 os.

Thanks

First, I suppose you are using XL 2003 with rights management, and not some home-made login VBA system?

If so, can't the system administrator set up a new login with the same carachteristics as the one who quit? :)

If it is a home.made VBA-based system, then you probably need to get your workbook unlocked. Unfortunately for you, we do not provide such solutions here @ tek-tips, but try google.

// Patrik

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the IT Professional, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Thanks Patrik. It is Excel 2002 and a standard installation. Both users have Administrator priviliges. I even copied the Docuements and Settings folders from the ols user to the new user's name. Sti, the message "Excel has not been installed for the current user. Run setup to install' is displayed. Any idea for a registry tweak to make it accessible to ALL USERS?

Sorry mate, I misunderstood the problem (thought you meant a document was locked to one user who had quit - English isn't my mother language).

We don't provide or support any hacks or other solutions to bypass copyright protections, crack passwords etc @ tek-tips. I'm quite sure you can find a solution to your problem elsewhere, though - good luck.

// Patrik

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the IT Professional, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back