Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing EP TCP/IP Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

omerkd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
IL
Hi.
We tried to change the address of a computer with Endpoint installed on it. After we reboot the machine (win2k) the endpoint connected to the gateway and wep showed the new address of the Endpoint. However we needed to reinstalled to remote control on the Endpoint and restart the DM engine (5.1).
Does anyone have experience in that ?
What else must we do for the Endpoint to work well ?

I have seen this before with DM 3.7.
Since we are still trying to get DM 5.1 running in development, I have not come across an IP address change? What happens when the IP address changes?

Thanks

As far as I knew - the DM engine stops and you need to wdmcmd -restart it yourself (stop and start the endpoint is not enough).
Do you have experience with changing the endpoint address without wdelep the endpoint ?

Changing the IP on an endpoint is not detrimental to Tivoli. DHCP does that all the time. I have heard of some instances where the epmgr doesn't always get the update. In those cases a restart of the endpoint may cause a duplicate to be made on the epmgr. Tivoli is looking at that issue. The DM engine will need to be restarted as suggested above.
Thanks,
-Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back