Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changing email Domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Currently my system is set up so that it accepts emails coming from serveral domains.
However when i send an email out it uses domain1.com.au as its "reply to" address. This address is the address listed in all routing tables and site addressing. I wish to change the system so that the "reply to" address is domain2.com.au due to a company name change. I tried changing the routing tables and site addressing to this new domain however a lot of emails got blocked at the postoffice server. I was getting complaints from a lot of people (not everyone) that they were not receiving emails. Could someone please point me in the direction of a good tutorial, book or perhaps write some simple instructions on how to make this change.

Thanks
MB

mail clients?
Outlook??
check options, accounts (olXP) o services (ol2000) and modify reply adresses for each client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back